Nathas Tradition

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Practices during the eclipse  (Read 7674 times)

Shivnath

Practices during the eclipse
« on: December 22, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »

Adesh ko Nathji!
I have heard that eclipse is a very important time for sadhana. Does anybody know what is best to do at this time?

Matsyendranatha Yogi

Re: Practices during the eclipse
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »

Adesh Shivnathji!

Usually in eclipse, before and after it, snana is done. At the time of the eclipse the mantra is read, iyou want to quickly implement
a mantra-siddhi. In early January will be another eclipse, you can try to realise it.

Sadhanasearch

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »

Adesh Shivnathji!

Usually in eclipse, before and after it, snana is done. At the time of the eclipse the mantra is read, iyou want to quickly implement
a mantra-siddhi. In early January will be another eclipse, you can try to realise it.

Best wishes to the heirs of the Natha Sampradaya of Guruji Gorakhnath.

I am a researcher for many years and also yogi, but I'm married with children, and I work to live and I'm not a teacher. I wanted to ask Shree Yogi Matsyendranath What is the meaning of Snana.

Thanks.

Bhagavannath

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:02:13 PM »

Snana means a bath.  For Hindus it may mean total immersion, but usually it means a shower.
Shiv Gorakh

Matsyendranatha Yogi

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 04:22:12 PM »

I am a researcher for many years and also yogi, but I'm married with children, and I work to live and I'm not a teacher. I wanted to ask Shree Yogi Matsyendranath What is the meaning of Snana.

Bhagavannathji exactly said "snana it's washing of water", is part of the ritual prescriptions for the practice of Mantra Yoga.
Typically in India during snana read mantras mentally to involve sacred rivers into water, which then washed the body. It turns out that the body is cleansed the physical and subtle levels. Usually snana is recommend by yogis in the morning after sleep, and also before other important rituals.

Matsyendranatha Yogi

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:34:19 PM »

The eclipse is a time that is negatively afected on ordinary people, but if sadhaka overcomes the influence of Rahu or Ketu, then his forces can rapidly increase. Therefore experienced sadhaks use this time for intension of mantras. But ordinary people at that time don't do nothing. Often in India even the temples close during the eclipse.

Willard

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 09:07:31 AM »

A solar or a lunar eclipse is a scientific phenomenon. It is quite like you walking in front of a light source and blocking a part of it from reaching the other side. During a solar eclipse the moon comes between the earth and the sun and blocks the part of the sun's rays from reaching the earth. During a lunar eclipse the earth comes between the moon and the sun. The earth also casts its shadow on the moon. This shadow is very similar to a shadow of a tree on the ground or a shadow of a tall building that falls on your home or garden.

Scientists and astronomers look forward to this nature's beautiful spectacle. Nowadays they are even considered tourist attractions.

However in many cultures around the world, superstitions and myths surround eclipses as they are considered a bad omen or divine discontent.