Nathas Tradition

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hatha Yoga in the Nath Sampradaya  (Read 13197 times)

Mumukshu

Re: Hatha Yoga in the Nath Sampradaya
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 11:52:00 PM »

Dear Siegfried,

Thank you for your info. I suppose then that I can say, that I've traveled half of the way, for I can sit in siddhasana (on a little pad not to soft) for more or less 45 minutes.
However my left knee remains at approximately 4 cm from the ground, so i'll look for adittional exercices that will soften my hips joints. Perhaps I'll find some in Zhanders site.

Namaste
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:55:17 PM by Mumukshu »

Siegfried

Re: Hatha Yoga in the Nath Sampradaya
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 01:12:02 PM »

Hi Mumukshu,

Thanks ! I am sure it will be helpfull. What this school teaches is mainly a form of viyayama and most of the movements he teaches don't look like yoga but they are more based on martial arts. That is very good because there are many circular movements as most of our joints are moving in circular fashion.
There are other things that are important such as the strength in the feet. That is why there are also lots of squatting exercises, sitting on the heels, standing on the toes etc... A very good practice is doing horse stand around 5 minutes per day.

To prepare for higher practices and develop the inner nerve and muscle control needed for that, learning shat-karma are also essential. Sutra and Jala Neti, Dhauti, Nauli, Basti, Kapalabhati and Trataka all need to be learn. Its a very long process and most of those practices are challenging.

It's all a matter of getting the inner energies balanced, vayus stable and getting the nadis clean. This can not be achieved by stretching exercises. For what siddhasana concerns, the requirements stated in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika for successful siddhasana are on a far, far higher and other level than just getting into the position. So I wouldn't worry too much about those 4 cm :)

Thanks a lot and Best Regards !

siegfried
Pages: 1 2 [3]