Nathas Tradition

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: initation into nathpanthi  (Read 5338 times)

vinay978

initation into nathpanthi
« on: February 19, 2013, 12:00:39 PM »

I am following nath tradition site & regularly doing om shiva goraksh yogi mantra after reciting asan mantra & goraksh gayatri. I am really interested into doing sadhana.  My query is that currently i do not have guru , though my parents have one. I need to know whether what i am doing is anyways wrong ? ? ?

Secondly i am really looking forward for guru for who can take me as his pupil & enlight me into spiritual path of nath tradition.

My marital status is married.

So kindly advise me....

Matsyendranatha Yogi

Re: initation into nathpanthi
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:39:54 PM »

Dear Vinay978,

As for your marriage, it is not a problem, different people maintain different lifestyles. In India, the family life imposes many duties on, and a family person not always have the right amount of time for certain kinds of practices. But it does not mean that a married man cannot practice at all, he can but another practice.

Sadhana that you can find on our website, we translated from the books of Guru Vilasnatha ji, they all authoritative. These practices are quite simple and you can perform them, later Gorakshanath will show mercy and lead you to your Guru. In the meantime, you can communicate to sangha, those sadhakas who are already initiated in Tradition, and you can find out more about initial things through them.

Gorakshanath is the main Guru in our Tradition, he corrects us and guard against mistakes on the way, he is also the patron of Hatha Yoga. "Go" - means senses, "Raksha" - the protector, who helps manage the feelings and pranas are associated with them, and what Yoga has a deal with.
Good luck to you.

vinay978

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:38:13 AM »

Dear Matsyendranatha yogi ji,

I am really grateful with your humble reply. your reply really given me clear viewpoint towards sadhana. So far i have been doing sadhana which is given on nathas.org.

Guruji , can you share some more simple sadhana which i can do to get blessings of guru gorakshanath.

Since i belong to Mumbai ( India ) , if possible can you give me sangha , sadhakas contacts so i can get more familiar with nath panthi tradition

I know i am asking too much at this given point , but i am really unaware and looking for guidance from some authoritative source.

Thanks guru ji

Thanks & Regards
Vinay978

Dear Vinay978,

As for your marriage, it is not a problem, different people maintain different lifestyles. In India, the family life imposes many duties on, and a family person not always have the right amount of time for certain kinds of practices. But it does not mean that a married man cannot practice at all, he can but another practice.

Sadhana that you can find on our website, we translated from the books of Guru Vilasnatha ji, they all authoritative. These practices are quite simple and you can perform them, later Gorakshanath will show mercy and lead you to your Guru. In the meantime, you can communicate to sangha, those sadhakas who are already initiated in Tradition, and you can find out more about initial things through them.

Gorakshanath is the main Guru in our Tradition, he corrects us and guard against mistakes on the way, he is also the patron of Hatha Yoga. "Go" - means senses, "Raksha" - the protector, who helps manage the feelings and pranas are associated with them, and what Yoga has a deal with.
Good luck to you.

Matsyendranatha Yogi

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »

Dear Vinay,

Near Mumbai you may find several yogis, whom you can visit and talk. One of them is Yogi Surajnath, here on the forum is his disciple (Mr. Yogi Bhagavannath ji), you can contact him. I do not know exactly where is Surajnathji now, as he became a mahant of a new mandir, it's located somewhere nearby Bombay.

You can also meet Yogi Vilasnatha ji, he is also my Upadeshi Guru, he lives near Nasik in Galane (a small village), but there is a magnificent temple. In this place is the samadhi of Shri Anandanatha. This is large multi-storey temple, where are beautiful statues of 84 Natha Yogis. But, Guruji Vilasnath is there only during the winter, and in summer he is in Haridwar. There is his book in Hindi, which lists all the addresses of Gorakshanatha temples in India, as well as Gurus of natha Sampradaya.

vinay978

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »

Thank you guru ji. will try and locate gurus of nath sampradya.